Dug up my copy of X-MEN ALPHA last night to put in the queue for a re-read. I took a few minutes to flip through and could still see indentations around characters from going at it with tracing paper a million times.
I can’t say how much of it’s the nostalgia talking (I rarely can), but it’s still one of my all-time favorite books after so many years. Like many, I still hope Joe Mad makes a more substantial comeback some day. My eyes definitely miss seeing new work by him on the stands.
Also, even thought it’s dinged and scratched in places, that chromium cover still looks pretty dank, even if it is unscannable. Not advocating a comeback or anything, but let’s nobody pretend that wasn’t some exciting shit back in the day.
This was—no shit—the first X-Men comic I ever read.
- howarethosenuts reblogged this from cleverprime
- howarethosenuts likes this
- cleverprime reblogged this from thislandislando
- mattman1624 reblogged this from postcardsfromspace
- mattman1624 likes this
- samhumphries likes this
- postcardsfromspace reblogged this from thislandislando and added:
- mondegreenery likes this
- thislandislando posted this