Technicians model the quarantine units that will be used to house astronauts that have returned from the moon, 1969.
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m having a hard time picturing the astronauts in that.
Those look exactly like the “coffin” bunk beds we slept in on the aircraft carrier…they’re positioned like that and are about that large (two to three feet, maybe, by six feet). That being said, the only astronauts I could see tolerating that were Apollo 12.
Exactly. Even though they slept in much closer quarters in the CM, for some reason the bunks seem really awkward for Apollo 11. (And Apollo 14, kinda.)
Apollo 11 would have been completely awkward.
Apollo 14 would have just been hilarious. I hope they all sneaked some booze in there. “I AM THE FIRST DAMN U.S. MAN IN SPACE.” “GURL, SHUT UP!”
Yeah, but Apollo 11 would have been awkward no matter what. It was the social equivalent of the playdate with the kids whose moms went to college with your mom and so everyone obviously thinks you’re destined to be best friends but there’s just no way in hell it’s going to happen and also one of you is Buzz Aldrin.
- winking-at-the-moon likes this
- lightthiscandle likes this
- oldflorida likes this
- fixxychild likes this
- mrsdfsneezy reblogged this from asonlynasacan and added:
- jump-suit reblogged this from postcardsfromspace and added:
- javert likes this
- postcardsfromspace reblogged this from asonlynasacan and added:
- asonlynasacan reblogged this from lightthiscandle and added:
- lightthiscandle reblogged this from asonlynasacan and added:
- jamesdereksapienza likes this
- lifeflowsbetterwithfreedom reblogged this from asonlynasacan
- asonlynasacan likes this